Economist with Chemicals Policy experience - Open Call
04 March 2016
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
We are looking for an economist to join our team at Senior Consultant / Consultant level. This role requires strong technical (numerical and analytical) and communication skills as well as an ability to deliver high quality work in a highly pressurised environment. You will be expected to work on multiple projects often with similar (strict) deadlines and the resulting outputs being able to withstand external scrutiny (e.g. by ECHA SEA committees) and peer review. The work may require occasional travel within the EU both for projects as well as business development. The successful candidate will develop to manage projects with input and oversight from Project Directors.
Essential - You will possess:
• An undergraduate degree in Economics and a postgraduate degree in a relevant subject;
• The ability to write and communicate in English both technical and economic concepts to a wide audience;
• Strong organisational skills, with a proven ability to prioritise tasks;
• At least 4 years’ relevant experience, preferably including consultancy;
• A thorough understanding of the chemical and environmental policy in the UK and Europe, including REACH authorisation/restriction; and
• Technical expertise in socio-economic analysis and impact assessments, including cost-benefit analysis.
Desirable experience includes:
• Contribution to strategic decision-making, project management and line management responsibilities within a consultancy/department;
• An ability to work in other EU languages – especially German;
• Experience in environmental and regulatory economics; and
• Knowledge of regulatory compliance and the chemical industry.
eftec offers a flexible and friendly work environment, a competitive salary plus a profit-based bonus scheme, and access to academic developments in environmental economics through our specialist network of associates.
Interested individuals should submit their cover letter, CV and a short sample of their writing to Ms Siegi Arndt.
write to: eftec, 73-75 Mortimer Street, London, W1W 7SQ